Your home is ready to go on the market, but you need to decide the…
Selling a house is stressful, and most people want the entire process to end as quickly as possible. In many cases, a speedy sale is imperative for a variety of personal reasons. Ideally, if you want to sell your home rapidly, then you are going to want to price it correctly to be competitive. Remember, buyers are always the most interested in a house during the first few weeks that the listing hits the market, so you need to make sure all of your ducks are in a row so you can have a smooth and speedy sale.
How You Can Sell Your Home Fast
Here are just a few ideas on how to sell your home:
Consult With a Knowledgeable Agent
Avoid hiring an agent just because they are a friend of a friend or you know someone who used them successfully. Instead, you need to focus on the agent’s track record.
Their past sales record will show if they sell homes quickly or not. Also, make sure that the agent is familiar with your neighborhood. A skilled agent should have an impressive resume and display confidence when they view your home. Always take the time to check the agent’s reviews. Also, look to see if they promote their properties using both online sources and old-school advertising. A superior agent will hire a professional photographer to take photos of your home to post on their site and social media.
Take Steps to Prepare Your Home
Before the agent sends the professional photographer to take pictures of your home, you need to prepare by doing the following things.
- Clean: Your home needs to shine from top to bottom. You might want to hire a professional cleaning crew to come in and spruce things up.
- De-clutter: Potential buyers want to see the bones of your home and not your stuff. This means that it’s time to put away personal photographs and other items that detract from the features of the home.
- Staging: Yes, staging can be expensive, but if your home is empty then this is often the best way to present your house in its best light. Discuss the process of staging with your agent. Even if you are still living in the home, having a professional stager come in and arrange your existing items is often the boost your residence needs to catch a potential buyer’s eyes.
Create a Plan to Market Your Home
When you meet with your agent, you should both create a plan to market your home successfully. Here are just a few topics that you need to explore with your agent:
- Professional Photos: Many consider professional photos a ‘must’ to get buyers through the door by appealing to them via websites and social media.
- Postcards/Flyers: Many agents send out old-school notes to potential buyers to let them know that there is an awesome home available near them.
- Social Media Sharing: Nowadays, social media sharing is a must. Your agent needs to be very active on social media to truly grab a client’s interests.
Schedule Showings With Your Agent
All showings must be handled by your agent and run by you first. Also, you need to be available at short notice for your agent to show your home. Many buyers come in from out of town and are keeping a tight schedule, so your flexibility when it comes to showings is essential to their success.
Prepare Your Home Before the Showings
If you have a showing scheduled, then it’s time to break out the vacuum and mop the floors. All bathrooms should be clean, and the kitchen should sparkle. Be sure to pick up toys, electronics, and personal items, remember, you want a potential buyer to be looking at your house and not your stuff.
Get an Offer and Close on Your Home
Go over the offer with your realtor to make sure that its a promising and firm offer. Do not hesitate to counter offer or address any areas of concern. Finally, once both parties agree, and all inspections have cleared it is time to celebrates as you close on your home.
Hopefully, the entire process of selling your home goes quickly, and your home goes under contract in record time.
To learn more about selling your home fast please contact Cami Jones & Company.